no-bake PB squares
I found this recipe for no-bake, peanut butter squares. It is a vegan recipe (i.e. without eggs or milk) but I found a few substitutes that I think will work for Steve and I:
- 90g GF rice crisp cereal (or approx 2 cups)
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- ¼ teaspoon PC black label burbon vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine rice crisps and PB and layer in the bottom of a greased glass pan
- Mix vanilla, butter, sugar, milk and salt in saucepan and whisk together.
- Over medium heat, bring to a roiling boil and set timer for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour liquid over the PB mixture.
- Let in the fridge until hard. Cut into squares and enjoy – in small quantities because it has high sugar content!