Yes, you read that right! This is a savory muffin that is high in protein and fairly low in fat:
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped (I omit these because they give me wicked indigestion)
- 1 small fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped (or 1 tsp chile flakes)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2¼ cups flour, less 1 Tbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- ½ cup each: sour cream and plain yogurt (or 1 cup of either)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ~1Tbs of oil over low heat and saute the onions, scallions and chile (if using). Stir constantly, about 3 min. Remove and set aside.
- Add ~1Tbs more oil over medium heat and cook the chicken and paprika, about 5 min, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside.
- In large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add remaining oil, yogurt & sour cream, lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
- Add wet to dry mixture and stir in chicken and vegetables. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Do no over stir the batter – being a little lumpy is okay.
- Spray the muffin tin. Bake for 20 min at 375F, or until risen and golden (but I did 50 min in a loaf pan). You can serve these warm or cool.
(Visited 60 times)