I had friends over for a board night game a few years ago and served this dip – it was delicious. I’m making it again today for my sister’s “Superbowl” party (which will mostly be the girls sipping tea and eating chocolates, while the husbands try not to spill their beer when yelling at the screen):
- ½ c low fat mayo
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½c Parmesan cheese, grated
- ground pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice or dry white wine
- Topping: 1 Tbs dry breadcrumbs and 1 tsp olive oil
Mix in an ovenproof dish and place topping. Bake at 350F for 20 min*, or until bubbly. Serve with toasted pita triangles, sliced baguette or Melba toasts. Makes about 2 cups.
* Microwave alternative: place in a microwavable bowl and cook on high for 3 min, stirring once.