My sister made this a few years ago and then it wafted into the office when Karin was heating her lunch. Absolutely delicious!
- 1 package ground chicken (approx 500g)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp each: chili powder, cumin, onion flakes and minced garlic
- ¼ freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9×13″ pan and set aside.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken, onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Break up chicken as it’s cooking.
- Add tomato sauce and spices. Cook 2 min more.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 tsp each: chili powder and cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa, medium
- 8 small tortillas (I know they come in bags of 10. Try a feta wrap with the other two)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- Add ½ corn mixture on the bottom of the pan; top with half the tortillas (torn in half; see picture below)
- Add ½ meat mixture; top with remaining tortillas; top with remaining mixtures and cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top each piece with light sour cream and salsa.
Serves 8 (approx 320 Cal each). You can substitute beef for chicken.
(Visited 44 times)