The guy at the check out counter was RAVING about this recipe by Jamie Oliver.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Into a small roasting pan add quartered potatoes and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and season with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper.
- Toss 2 medium zucchini (grated) with 2 Tbs breadcrumbs, 3Tbs Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper until well combined; set aside. Loosen the skin from the breast with your fingers and evenly stuff zucchini mixture under skin.
- Rub chicken all over with remaining oil. Add minced garlic to cavity and season cavity and chicken with remaining oregano, salt and pepper.
- Tie legs together with butcher twine. Place chicken, breast side up, in roasting pan on top of potatoes and roast in lower third of oven for 70 to 80 min. or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of the inner thigh registers 185°F (85°C).
- Transfer chicken to serving platter or cutting board and tent with foil for 10 to 15 min. before removing string and slicing. Remove potatoes and keep warm.
- Serve chicken and potatoes with strained pan drippings.
(Visited 38 times)