Sweet & Spicy Chicken Cashew
This recipe is awesome and my new favourite lunch to take to work. Steve also really likes the flavours, which was awesome because it’s clean. The Bok Choy has good Mg and is easy to make.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 3 Tbs soy sauce (or GF Tamari)
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 450g (1lb) baked chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp Thai chilli paste (I use red curry paste as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, lightly toasted
- Whisk together the broth, soy, coconut flour and vinegar. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a wok and let it melt. Over med-high heat, stir-fry the red peppers, onions and chilli paste for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and stir-fry at least 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cashews and stir-fry 1 minute more.
Serve hot with bok choy (below). I set it aside in glass containers and reheat at work.
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (freeze ½” piece)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches of bok choy, cleaned with ends trimmed. Cut on the bias into 1″ slices
- 1 Tbs soy sauce (or GF Tamari)
- 1 Tbs water (or broth)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- In a wok with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy, folding it into the oil mixture until coated, about 1 minute. Add the soy and water, cover and cook until steam accumulates on the lid, about 1 minute. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted and most of the water has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil and season with Herbamare and cracked pepper, if desired.