Slim Pad Thai
This recipe is so easy to make, you could finish it in about as long as it take to order take out! We use it to finish off left over (cooked) chicken.
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbs light soy
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 Tbs tamarind paste
- 1 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped (or you could use roasted if you had cooked a bulb with your chicken)
- 1 bag of frozen asian medly veggies (I love the kind with the baby corn cobs)
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 Tbs peanuts
- rice noodles
- Combine the lime and other savoury sauces. Mix in the PB until smooth. Add the noodles to hot water and let soak according to the package.
- Heat 1 Tbs canola oil, add the garlic and vegetables; stir-fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes. In the meantime, slightly warm the chicken in a microwave. Add to the skillet and cook 2 minutes more. Add the sauce and noodles. Stir well.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve with a side of slaw. Serves 4 (1½ cup portions).
(Visited 28 times)