K’s Taco Pizza
Here is my version of taco pizza. I used this as my inspiration – http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/taco-pizza/
- Pizza Dough (white or whole wheat, store bought or home made)
- Tin of black beans
- 2 Peppers (green, red, yellow – whatever you have)
- 1 Onion
- Chili powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cheese (I like a combo of marble and mozzarella)
- Iceburg lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Hot sauce
- Drain most of liquid from black beans – dump in a pot and heat up. Add about 2tsp of cumin, 2tsp chili powder, 2tsp garlic powder,1/2tsp cinnamon, salt and pepper. Mash in pot. Taste and add more seasoning to suit your taste.
- Meanwhile, chop the peppers and onion into thin strips. Fry in a little oil until they are soft and caramelized. I put some cumin, chili powder and cinnamon in with them as well.
- Shred the cheese. Shred the lettuce and dice the tomatoes. Mix hot sauce into sour cream to your desired heat.
- Spread out your dough on pan. Spread the black bean mixture over the dough. Put the caramalized onions and peppers over the black bean mixture. Spread the cheese over the peppers and onions. Bake in hot oven (about 425F) for 15-20 mins.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top with chopped lettuce and tomato. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the pizza.
I generally serve the lettuce, tomato and sauce on the side. Easier to reheat the pizza if there are left overs. That’s how super easy it is!!!