Chili Turkey Loaf
My friend Gillian made this recently, and thought you might like it. She said it’s “really easy to make, and tres tres yummy!”
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup Italian style seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chili sauce (I used chili powder)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs horseradish mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make foil handles (see below). Shape meat mixure into round loaf; place on foil strips. Transfer to the bottom of the slow-cooker, using the foil strips.
2. Cover; cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
3. Remove loaf from slow cooker, using foil handles. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and top with salsa or chutney, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Foil Handles: Tear of three 18 x 2-inch strips of heavy foil or use doubled up regular foil. Criss-cross foil strips in spoke design to place in bottom of slow cooker; allowing removal of turkey loaf.