Chicken and Couscous Skillet
Gillian made us an excellent dinner on Friday. Even though my sister’s don’t like couscous, I might pass this one along to them. Easy to make, filling and very good. Other veggies, like broccoli, corn or peas (or a cup of frozen veggie mix) would also make a great addition to this meal:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼4 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute’ onions, garlic, and carrots along with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper until tender.
- Add chicken and saute’ until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth, bring to a bubble.
- Stir in couscous and turn heat to low.
- Simmer covered for 5-8 minutes or until couscous is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff and serve immediately.
Also great served with a sprinkle of feta or parmesan cheese on top! Serves 4 at 326 Cal per serving »