Oh yum! I borrowed a cook book from my brother in law, Scott. I found one for a Paella recipe – something my parents have made on a few occasions. I also added to this dish the left over ground beef in marinara sauce from the pizza but that’s the great thing about this dish: you can mix it up with clams or any other type of seafood. What I don’t get yet is the difference between this and jambalaya.
- ½ lb each: sausage and chicken meat (deboned thighs or breast)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (mixed, peas, etc)
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced (including seeds)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp each: red chili flakes and tumeric
- 1¼ cups rice
- 1 package frozen shrimp
- juice of 1 lemon
- Start rice with the turmeric and stock.
- Cut sausage and chicken into chunks. Sauté in large skillet with onion, garlic and pepper until JUST cooked.
- Add shrimp, chili flakes, vegetables and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cover until completely cooked.
- Combine the whole lot in a casserole dish, sprinkle with lemon juice and enjoy!