This comes from my brother-in-law Scott. It’s one of his prize recipes.
What you need to get:
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (I substituted balsamic vinegar)
- ¼ cup minced garlic (i.e. 3 or 4 large cloves)
- 4 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh oregano, chopped (I used 2 tsp dried oregano instead)
- 1½ Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs red chili (I used 1 tsp crushed chili since it’s my first time making this)
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 Tbs salt (I omitted this – we don’t like the taste)
- 2 c fat-free yogurt
- 4 lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs (i.e. 2 club packs)
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers (I grilled four)
- 12x8x4″ disposable aluminum pan (this is necessary but I couldn’t find one that deep at the store)
- Combine the spices with yogurt to form a marinate for the chicken; chill for 24 hours.
- Layer the chicken in a tray with spinach and peppers; press to pack. Poke holes in the corners of the pan to drain and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45 min at 350F.
- Cut corners of the tray and fold down edges. Cook 30 min more.
- Let stand 10 min before serving.
No idea of the calories but I suspect it tastes richer than it really is. I recommend serving with Scott’s Classic Tzatziki in a flat pita.