Crustless Quiche and Cheddar Biscuits
A simple biscuit mix that is all purpose. The directions given are in two parts – first for the mix and then ways to make it:
- 6 cups flour
- 4½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
Combine dry ingredients. Add oil in thin stream while beating on low. Mixture should resemble course crumbs. Makes 8 cups. At this point, you can wrap up the mixture with instructions for a gift package, or keep going to continue making a great recipe and give that away instead!
- Combine 2 cups of the mix and ¾ cup sharp or old cheddar cheese (I personally love Balderson old white).
- Make a well in the centre and add 2/3 cup milk. Stir until just moistened.
- Drop, using 2 Tbs each, separated by 2″ on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 12-14 min, or until just golden.
Makes 12 biscuits (approx 141 cal each). Wrap up with a soup mix as a gift or enjoy it with your own homemade blend.
- Combine 1 cup each: diced cooked ham and grated cheese; spread evenly on greased 9″ pie plate.
- Combine in a blender: 1 cup milk, ½ cup biscuit mix, ½ cup diced onion and 3 large eggs; process until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate and bake at 350F for 40 to 45 min, or until it passes the clean toothpick test. Let stand for 10 min.
Serves 6 (approx 245 cal per wedge).