Weekend planning for Week one without carbs
This is the plan for the weekend:
Breakfast will be very filling – two slices of low fat Havarti cheese broken into quarters and thin pieces of turkey kielbasa on thick slices of cucumber. This also doubles as a great lunch. My mid-morning snack will be a tablespoon of almonds – which is about 8.
For lunch, I’ll be making turkey roll ups.
- 4 slices fat free turkey breast
- 4 medium Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 red bell pepper, cut into thinly sliced strips
- 1-2 pickles, thinly sliced
Place each slice of turkey on a lettuce leaf spread with 1 tsp mayonnaise. Add pepper and pickle slices. Fold into a tight, cigar-like roll. The actual recipe uses flavoured mayo that can be used as a dip as well:
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup loosely packed fresh herb leaves: parsley, chives, spinach, etc (I hate cilantro myself)
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs light soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
For my afternoon snack, since I’m at home, I plan to scoop out 1 Tbs of peanut butter, and maybe another about an hour later if I’m still peckish (no double dipping; clean the spoon).