Chocolate Fudge Cookies
We had so much fun. Last night was my Mom’s concert with the Oakville Choral Society – they did Gloria by Vivaldi followed by an assortment of Christmas carols that we got to join with. Then we watched Love Actually and didn’t get to bed until almost 2am (which if way past my bedtime!)
This morning we made Classic Shortbread, which I put in at the temp on the box, not 325F (as I learned last time) and these chocolate fudge cookies (for which I tested my new scale):
- 450g brown sugar (over 2 cups)
- 50g butter, softened (approx ¼ cup)
- 1 egg
- 112mL milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225g flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 squares of dark, unsweetened/bitter chocolate
- Cream the butter, adding the sugar slowly (this takes a little while). Add egg and beat.
- Mix dry together in one bowl and the wet in another. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- Add the wet and dry alternately to the sugar mixture, mixing thoroughly. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Drop onto greased baking sheet (or parchment paper) leaving lots of room – they spread! Bake for 10 min at 350F and let cool on the tray about 3-5 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Soft on the inside but not too sweet. Loved them but had to share – Allie went home with half the batch in a tin. Makes about 40 cookies.