A nice combination of rice with spinach for subtle flavours that blend well. It doesn’t work as a stand alone dish but make a good side dish with company because there’s less clean up.
For the grocery list:
- 1 c long grain brown rice
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 250 g spinach, chopped and frozen
- 4 spring onions, chopped
You need a saucepan (1) and saute pan (2) to make this:
- Cook rice for about 1 min over medium heat in a saucepan with 2 Tbs olive oil in the pot. Add stock and spices. Boil, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer 20 min.
- Saute onions about 5 min.Add spinach and cook, covered about 10 min, until spinach is heated through. Add spring onions and stir 1 min more. Add to rice. Stir and serve hot.