Dad made this for Mom’s birthday fiesta. He also added chopped, seeded cucumber to the mix. Absolutely delicious!
- 1.5 cups mango, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- ice water
- 1 each: jalapeno & red pepper, roasted, peeled/seeded and diced
- 1 -2 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro, chopped (if desired)
- Use firm, but ripe mangos, they are easier to dice
- Put onion in a shallow dish and cover with vinegar and ice water. Soak 30 min, drain.
- In glass bowl, gently combine mango, onions and peppers; season with lime juice, salt and cilantro. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
I ate this by the scoop-full on Tortilla’s but it would be delicious on pork tenderloin or roasted chicken as well.