- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp each: basil and thyme
- ½ tsp each: pepper (both black & white), cayenne pepper, oregano
Mix well. Note that when cooking, its important to remove the leaves before serving.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cans whole tomatoes, with juice
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 c dry red wine
- 1 Tbs sugar
- red pepper flakes to taste (recommend 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- In large skillet, saute the onion in oil until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring 1 min more.
- Add remainig ingredients with salt & pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 min or until thick
- Discard the bay leaf, puree sauce until smooth. Can be prepared up to 2 days earlier and chilled.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ½ each red & green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1½ lb shrimp, shelled
- 2c creole sauce (see above)
- 4½ tsp creole seasoning (see above)
- cook vegetables over moderate heat until soft, stir frequently
- Add garlic, cook 1 min more. Add seasoning, stir and cook 1 min
- Add tomatoes and sauce. Simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp. Simmer 3 min, stir until cooked through (they’ll be pink)
Serve over rice or cooked noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley.
(Visited 24 times)