Kerry, Gillian and I have merged our dinners to a regular group event – it’s wonderful!
Gillian hosted last in July and made a great salad (see below). Kerry brought her excellent baking skills in pan form – I believe it was a baked berry cake. She wasn’t overly happy with how it turned out so I have no recipe. Just these photos:
Simple Taco Salad
- 1 lb (lean) ground beef or chicken
- 1 pkt of taco seasoning mix
- Iceberg/ romaine lettuce
- One red onion
- Grated carrot
- Cucumber (diced)
- Tomatoes (cherry or chopped)
- Kidney or black beans (optional)
- Big squirt of Catalina Salad Dressing (amount as per individual preference)
- Dot of grated cheese (amount as per individual preference)
- 1 large pkt tortilla chips
- 1 jar of salsa (to serve on the side)
- Cook over medium high heat to brown the meat, and then drain any excess fat
- Add taco seasoning mix and prepare as directed by package. Set aside to cool (Gillian recommends you prepare night before or early morning and put in fridge to cool).
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients; mix in a desired quantity of crushed tortilla chips. Mix in prepared taco mix (as directed above). Add dressing to coat salad to desired taste. Mix all ingredients together and serve.
Recommend: Serve with tortilla chips and salsa as side dish. Can also be served with store-bought taco shells