Attempt at Pasta
I made an attempt at making homemade pasta today. Hasn’t gone well so far:
- 2 cups flour plus ½ cup for mixing
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs oil
- flavouring (finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, spinach, or crushed pepper)
- Form a well in the flour and sprinkle in the salt. Lightly beat the eggs and oil. Pour into the well along with the flavouring.
- Mix with finger tips to form a ball of dough, using a spatula to scrape up the mixture from the surface. Divide in two; cover one ball of dough and knead the other. Repeat.
- Roll out the dough into a large oblong until it is very thin. Let dry one hour, turn and dry another hour. Roll again.
- Cut into rectangles, half the size of the pan. Sprinkle with flour and cover. Refrigerate for up to 48 hours, or freeze for future use.
Photo Credit: my personal collection
(Visited 20 times)