I found this sauce classic recipe and it turned out really well:
- 2 onions, a carrot, and 2 cloves of garlic (jalapeño or bell peppers, zucchini, etc are optional), finely chopped
- ¾ lbs each: beef and lean pork
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cup wine (red or white)
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cored and chopped (you can peel & seed if you’d like but I don’t)
- Cook the vegetables until soft, about 10 min. Add meat and cook until no longer pink, about 5 min. Drain off the fat.
- Pour in the milk, stir occasionally until evaporated, about 5 min. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, another 10 min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1.5-2 hours. Stir in any fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, pepper, etc) to taste.
Keeps in the fridge about 1 day. I’m going to try freezing my leftovers.
(Visited 16 times)