The Internet Famous NEIMAN-MARCUS Cookies
This recipe may be halved (but that’s just silly. You can never have enough cookies):
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, not packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8oz Hershey’s chocolate (aka semi-sweet), grated
- 24 oz chocolate chips
- 3 cups nuts, chopped (your choice)
Here’s how to make it:
- Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies
I recommend that you cool then before eating so you don’t burn your mouth. The story, which is false, can be found on Snopes.com.