The Cabbage Soup Diet
One of the girls at work lost 7 lbs after just one week on this protein and sugar cleansing diet. It doesn’t seem like a long term solution but great for upcoming weddings:
Day One – Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (EXCEPT BANANAS). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
Day Two – Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed with fresh, raw or cooked, vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.
Day Three – Fruit & Vegetables: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. (EXCEPT BAKED POTATO).
Day Four – Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat up to eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you want, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.
Day Five – Beef And Tomatoes: 10-20 ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 – 8 glasses of water to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef one one of the beef days (but not both).
Day Six – Beef and Vegetables: Eat beef and vegetables to your heart’s content. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables (EXCEPT BAKED POTATO). Eat your soup at least once.
Day Seven – Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again STUFF, STUFF, STUFF yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.
That’s it. Good luck.
Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix or bouillon cubes
- 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, etc.
- Slice green onions, put in pot and start to sauté with cooking spray. Add green peppers.
- Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Clean carrots cut into bite size pieces put in pot.
- Slice Mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup). Put in pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
- You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasoning’s.They have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long long time (two hours works well). Taste and then season to taste with salt and pepper.