Chocolate Rum Balls
Kerry brought amazing Rum Balls and pastries for dessert (we were so intent on eating them, there were no pictures). Here’s what you need to get started to make your own:
- ¾ cup of crushed Vanilla Wafers
- ¾ cup Confectioners (aka icing) sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- ½ cup of Rum
How to create the delicious treats (that double duty as perfect Christmas gifts):
- Combine wafers, sugar, cocoa & nuts
- Blend in corn syrup & rum
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in additional confectioners sugar
- Store in an airtight container several days to develop flavor.
- Roll again in confectioners sugar before serving
This recipe was sent (along with a handful) by Sandy from her email recipe exchange. The author of this one is unknown but there is a similar version on in the What’s Cooking magazine that I really like and it makes about 60 balls (sadly each ball is 150 Calories but you didn’t read that).