Rea’s Veggie Chili
This recipe is from my Dad’s work. Stay tuned for more – they had a chili cook-off one year:
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 oz green lentils (dry)
- 1 tsp paprika (European not Spanish)
- 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Simmer lentils in plenty of water (15-20 min). Drain. Simmer in clean water another 20 min.
- Saute onion and red pepper in oil (approx 10 min). Add garlic and tomatoes.
- Add kidney beans, spices and lentil to mixture. Mix well.
- Simmer 15 min. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is rich in protein from the lentils and kidney beans. Ground beef or chicken is optional.
(Visited 33 times)