Mom’s ‘Better for Ya’ Banana Bread
The ingredients are in bold so you’ll have to read this through and write out a list for yourself:
- Cream together; ½ C white sugar & ¼ C shortening
- Now blend in 1/3 C unsweetened apple sauce
- Add, 2 eggs, 3 lg very ripe bananas, 1 ¼ C flour, ½ C wheat bran,
- ½ C rolled oats & 2 tsp baking soda
- Blend the above by hand very well then add ¾ C chopped Pecans
- You may also consider adding in ½ cup of dehydrated cranberries
- Bake in a 325° F in a loaf pan for approx 1 hour; until inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
This recipe is based on Sandy’s Award Winning Cran-Nut Loaf. You may also bake these as muffins (325F for approx 20-25 minutes).