This week for lunches I am having a quiche to use up broccoli stalks, along with a slice of deli FF ham and tomato. This recipe was adapted from Whole Foods.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1″ pieces (I used stalks cut into quartered pennies)
- 4 large eggs (I used egg whites)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated (you could also use parmesan or feta)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup brown rice or spelt flour
- Dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish (or pie plate) with oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened or about three minutes. Add broccoli stalks/florets and cook about five minutes or until just tender. Transfer vegetables to prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cheese, and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in rice flour. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and bake until set, about 35 minutes. Cool quiche 10 minutes before serving.
(Visited 40 times)