Chef Michael says this one is very easy to make:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, minced
- 3 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 boneless shoulder of lamb, fat trimmed and meat cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 turnip, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes
Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add oil. When it’s hot, add onions and sauté for 3 minutes and then add garlic. Continue to sauté and then add chili. Cook until everything has softened and is beginning to caramelize. Add curry powder and cook out for a few minutes to release its aroma. Add lamb and stir vigorously. Add the vegetables and can of tomatoes and top up with 1 can full of water.
Season with salt and bring to a simmer. Cover stew with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.