Stu’s Speciality Curried Mince
Serves 2 (so you may need to double this):
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Hot curry powder (or medium if you don’t like it hot)
- 500 g minced beef (aka lean ground beef)
- Half pint of beef gravy (approx 1 cup)
- Basmati or long grain rice
- A couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary
Talk about step-by-step instructions. Gotta love the Britts:
- Start the rice
- Brown off the mince in a saucepan or frying pan, drain
- Lightly fry the green pepper and onion. Add to the meat.
- Add pepper to season
- Add gravy
- Add one or two “cap fulls” of curry powder
- Add rosemary
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove rosemary and serve on a bed of rice – DELICIOUS !!
How easy is this! My Mom used to make something similar for dinner when we were kids. Thank you Stu for sharing this with Sandy!